Thursday, January 19, 2012

Empty Daydream

I always daydreamed…
about sitting and writing
in the early morning hours
just myself
a cup of coffee
and the beauty of the new day arriving
I don’t know why I never did it
There have been many beautiful mornings
where I sat
in wonderment
as the world awakened
with nothing more
than my coffee
my thoughts
and my amazement

I never picked up a pen
Sometimes
I rationalize
that it is because in my daydreams
I am a writer by occupation
and doing my job conveniently
Other times
I realize
that it is fear
I do not know how to empty my mind
I fear
the inevitable failure would be painful



Anonymous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you are talking about journeying through fear... Change always starts with a dream, and risk is always involved, and maybe failure is inevitable... Maybe though, failure should be called something else, like: learning. I hope you keep writing, and write about the arrival, wonderment, awakening, and amazement. I, for one, am interested in "your world" or the world from your point of view.